- Price Negotiable: Yes
- Year: 1965
- Body Style: Fastback
- Exterior Color: Red/White
- Interior Color: Red
- Mileage: 87057 Actual
- Engine: 302 CID V8
- Transmission: 5 Speed
- VIN: 5F09C779844
- For Sale By: Dealer
- Contact Name: Gateway Classic Cars of Kansas City
- Contact Number: 9138151340
- Street: 1202 S Lone Elm Rd
- City: Olathe
- State: Kansas
- Country: United States
- Zip/Postal Code: 66061
- Website: https://www.gatewayclassiccars.com/KCM/316/1965-Ford-Mustang-2-2
- Listed: October 20, 2020 4:41 pm
- Expires: 17 days, 2 hours
- Contact Seller
Gateway Classic Cars of Kansas City is thrilled to offer this stunning red with white stripes, 1965 Mustang Fastback 2+2!
The 1965 Mustang set an all-time record for first-year sales of any new model. Today’s auto market is too fragmented with different types of cars for a single model to ever get the wildly enthusiastic reception of the first Ford Mustang in America.
Americans had few foreign models from which to choose in the 1960s, so domestic autos ruled the market. Lee Iacocca, then the young, savvy head of Ford Motor’s Ford division, felt a sporty, inexpensive model would be hot because it would be youth-oriented and World War II baby boomers were getting their first driver’s licenses. Also, the 15-29 age group was expected to grow by almost 40 percent between 1960 and 1970.
The 1965 Mustang hardtop coupe drew 501,965 buyers, the convertible 101,945 and the fastback coupe 77,079. Iacocca even told Carroll Shelby to build an affordable, modified, limited-production 1965 Mustang that could beat no less than Chevy Corvettes on race tracks. Shelby did just that, using the semi-fastback body.
Our stunning red with white stripes fastback looks a lot like the racing version produced by Carroll Shelby. With a powerful 302 V-8 engine lurking under the hood, backed by a quick shifting manual 5 speed transmission and racing seatbelts to hold you in securely, this awesome mustang fastback is sure to be a red blur on the highway!
So, if you’re looking to stand out in a crowd of mundane musclecars, call your friends today at Gateway Classic Cars of Kansas City to make this handsome iconic Ford yours.
Gateway Classic Cars of Kansas City, 1202 South lone Elm Road, Olathe, KS 66061, (913) 815-1340.
248 total views, 2 today
Similar Ford Mustangs
Some other 1st Gen 1964 - 1973 Mustangs that you might be interested in...
very nice 1969 mach 1 mustang,390 big block engine,auto transmission,factory air,tilt steering wheel,power front disk brakes,solid car and rare color comboNovember 24, 2020
9580 total views, 8 today
1964.5 MUSTANG CONV. D CODE 289,4SPD,4BBL CAN HAS JUST GONE THRU A FOUR YEAR NUT & BOLT ROTISSERIE RESTORATION. MOTOR BORED 30 OVER, CRANK TURNED 10,RV CA...October 26, 2020
311 total views, 1 today
Gateway Classic Cars is happy to present this beautiful 1966 Ford Mustang for sale in our Denver Showroom! One of the most widely known cars in history, the fir...November 16, 2020
97 total views, 0 today
Information about Mustang seller
- Listed by: Gateway Classic Cars
- Member Since: April 6, 2015
Other items listed by Gateway Classic Cars
- 1966 Ford Mustang Shelby GT350H #1652-ORD
- 1965 Ford Mustang K Code #591-DEN
- 1973 Ford Mustang #1205-NSH
- 1965 Ford Mustang
- 1966 Ford Mustang #588-DEN
Share This Mustang
- 1969 mustang mach 1 (9580 views)
- 1969 Mustang Boss 302 (9026 views)
- 1967 Mustang Fastback S Code 390 GT 4 Speed (7701 views)
- 25th Anniversary Edition Mustang Convertible (6214 views)
- Supercharged 2011 Mustang GT 5.0 (6039 views)
- 2008 Mustang Cobra (4741 views)
- Rare Vitessi Mustang GT (3742 views)
- 1989 5.0, convertible (3738 views)
- 2014 Shelby GT500 for sale (3643 views)
- Low Mileage 2012 (3111 views)