- Price Negotiable: Yes
- Year: 1965
- Body Style: Hardtop
- Exterior Color: Red/white
- Interior Color: Red
- Mileage: 87057
- Engine: 302 CID V8
- Transmission: 5 Speed
- For Sale By: Dealer
- Contact Name: Russ or Brad
- Contact Number: 9138151487
- Street: 1202 South Elm Road
- City: Olathe
- State: Kansas
- Country: United States
- Zip/Postal Code: 66061
- Website: https://www.gatewayclassiccars.com/KCM/316/1965-Ford-Mustang-2-2
- Listed: February 18, 2021 6:23 pm
- Expires: 49 days, 4 hours
- Contact Seller
Gateway Classic Cars of Kansas City is thrilled to offer this stunning red with white stripes, 1965 Mustang Fastback 2+2!
The 1965 Mustang set an all-time record for first-year sales of any new model. Today’s auto market is too fragmented with different types of cars for a single model to ever get the wildly enthusiastic reception of the first Ford Mustang in America.
Americans had few foreign models from which to choose in the 1960s, so domestic autos ruled the market. Lee Iacocca, then the young, savvy head of Ford Motor’s Ford division, felt a sporty, inexpensive model would be hot because it would be youth-oriented and World War II baby boomers were getting their first driver’s licenses. Also, the 15-29 age group was expected to grow by almost 40 percent between 1960 and 1970.
The 1965 Mustang hardtop coupe drew 501,965 buyers, the convertible 101,945 and the fastback coupe 77,079. Iacocca even told Carroll Shelby to build an affordable, modified, limited-production 1965 Mustang that could beat no less than Chevy Corvettes on race tracks. Shelby did just that, using the semi-fastback body.
Our stunning red with white stripes fastback looks a lot like the racing version produced by Carroll Shelby. With a powerful 302 V-8 engine lurking under the hood, backed by a quick shifting manual 5 speed transmission and racing seatbelts to hold you in securely, this awesome mustang fastback is sure to be a red blur on the highway!
So, if you’re looking to stand out in a crowd of mundane musclecars, call your friends today at Gateway Classic Cars of Kansas City to make this handsome iconic Ford yours.
Gateway Classic Cars of Kansas City, 1202 South lone Elm Road, Olathe, KS 66061, (913) 815-1340.
30 total views, 1 today
Similar Ford Mustangs
Some other 1st Gen 1964 - 1973 Mustangs that you might be interested in...
Gateway Classic Cars of Louisville is proud to present this 1966 Ford Mustang GT Coupe! In the mid 60’s Ford developed and released a car that would become one ...February 6, 2021
183 total views, 1 today
Gateway Classic Cars of St. Louis is proud to present this 1971 Ford Mustang Mach 1 429 SCJ! Feast your eyes on the Elite Marti Report documenting this cars his...January 29, 2021
80 total views, 1 today
Decided to part out with my lovely 71 Mustang. ( minimizing my toys ) I am a private owner not a dealer. its 1971 Mustang Fastback Clean Louisiana ti...September 30, 2020
823 total views, 2 today
Information about Mustang seller
- Listed by: Gateway Classic Cars
- Member Since: April 6, 2015
Other items listed by Gateway Classic Cars
- 2014 Ford Mustang MWK#577
- 1965 Ford Mustang Pro Street #1871-TPA
- 1995 Ford Mustang #8669-STL
- 1970 Ford Mustang 302 Boss Tribute #603-SCT
- 2001 Ford Mustang Cobra SVT #1748-CHI
Share This Mustang
- 1969 mustang mach 1 (10530 views)
- 1969 Mustang Boss 302 (9532 views)
- 1967 Mustang Fastback S Code 390 GT 4 Speed (8388 views)
- 25th Anniversary Edition Mustang Convertible (7135 views)
- Supercharged 2011 Mustang GT 5.0 (6794 views)
- 2008 Mustang Cobra (5087 views)
- Rare Vitessi Mustang GT (4400 views)
- 1989 5.0, convertible (4307 views)
- 2014 Shelby GT500 for sale (4011 views)
- Low Mileage 2012 (3657 views)