- Price Negotiable: Yes
- Year: 2001
- Body Style: Coupe
- Exterior Color: Green
- Interior Color: Black
- Mileage: 2820
- Engine: 4.6 2V SOHC V-8
- Transmission: 5 Speed
- VIN: 1FAFP42X81F254759
- For Sale By: Dealer
- Contact Name: Sales
- Contact Number: 9542274202
- Street: 4020 NW 126th AVE Ste 108
- City: Coral Springs
- State: Florida
- Country: United States
- Zip/Postal Code: 33065
- Website: https://www.gatewayclassiccars.com/FTL/1261/2001-Ford-Mustang-Bullitt-GT
- Listed: February 12, 2021 5:43 pm
- Expires: 27 days, 18 hours
- Contact Seller
Gateway Classic Cars of Fort Lauderdale is pleased to present this limited production 2001 Ford Mustang Bullitt GT Edition!
Flashback to 1968, when Steve McQueen starred in the movie “Bullitt”, ripping up the streets in San Francisco in his Highland Green 1968 Mustang GT 390- alongside a black 1968 Charger R/T 440, sealing his place in automotive history as one of the best automotive chase scenes ever! The 1968 Ford Mustang GT “hero” car driven by Steve McQueen in the legendary chase scene recently sold for $3.74 million- highest price ever paid for a Mustang.
Our Bullitt is one of only 3041 in Dark Highland Green. It is in excellent condition, with only 2863 actual miles and includes a Marti Report, dealer brochure, and window sticker.
The Bullitt editions had many differences, with a 3/4-inch lower ride height, larger sway bars, specially tuned Tokico shocks and struts along with sub-frame connectors. Stopping power comes from 13-inch rotors with dual piston caliper at the front and 11-inch rear rotors with single piston caliper. Both front and rear calipers are factory painted red with the fronts having an embossed running horse. The wheels were unique anthracite gray 17×8 torque thrusts that closely match the 1968 car.
The engine was built with an all new aluminum intake with twin 57 mm throttle bodies that supply the low-end torque. Ford also increased the pulley sizes of the alternator and water pump to reduce parasitic losses.
There are several subtle exterior cues that add to the cleaner lines of the Bullitt. The grille’s running horse surround was blacked out, deleted fog lights, deleted spoiler, solid mounted rocker panel splash guards, faux side scoop is a flush fit panel, stainless fuel filler door, and the c-pillar design goes straight down rather than curving towards the front.
The interior cues were specially designed to provide a mix of modern and retro looks. The seats resemble late sixties-early seventies pattern along with the white lit gauge cluster. The aluminum shift knob, trim ring, door seal plates and door locks add a nice modern touch. Finally, the pedals were aluminum with the brake pedal closer to the accelerator for better heal toe shifting.
This 2001 Ford Mustang Bullitt GT is available in our Fort Lauderdale showroom. Give us a call at 1-954-227-4202 or email@example.com
344 total views, 2 today
Similar Ford Mustangs
Some other 4th Gen 1994 - 2004 Mustangs that you might be interested in...
Gateway Classic Cars of Orlando is proud to offer this beautiful 2002 Ford Mustang GT Convertible. This Mustang convertible for sale is a real head turner. Powe...April 9, 2021
400 total views, 2 today
Gateway Classic Cars of Tampa is excited to list this sleek 2003 SVT Mustang Cobra. This Terminator black convertible is a one owner in great condition with onl...April 23, 2021
240 total views, 2 today
Customized engine with some original interior parts and on the engine.April 9, 2021
244 total views, 10 today
Information about Mustang seller
- Listed by: Gateway Classic Cars
- Member Since: April 6, 2015
Other items listed by Gateway Classic Cars
- 1966 Ford Mustang Coupe #216-LVS
- 2003 Ford Mustang Mach 1 874-phy
- 2008 Ford Mustang Shelby GT500 #1459-DFW
- 1968 Ford Mustang California Special #213-LVS
- 1969 Ford Mustang Mach 1 #888-MWK
Share This Mustang
- 1969 mustang mach 1 (11240 views)
- 1969 Mustang Boss 302 (9937 views)
- 1967 Mustang Fastback S Code 390 GT 4 Speed (8924 views)
- 25th Anniversary Edition Mustang Convertible (7701 views)
- Supercharged 2011 Mustang GT 5.0 (7421 views)
- 2008 Mustang Cobra (5386 views)
- Rare Vitessi Mustang GT (5137 views)
- 1989 5.0, convertible (4817 views)
- 2014 Shelby GT500 for sale (4338 views)
- Low Mileage 2012 (4224 views)