- Price Negotiable: Yes
- Year: 1999
- Body Style: Convertible
- Exterior Color: Silver
- Interior Color: Silver / black
- Mileage: 180k
- Engine: 4.6l
- Transmission: 5 Speed
- VIN: 5LMPU28A5XLJ29025
- For Sale By: Private Party
- Contact Name: Paul
- Contact Number: 4089304805
- State: California
- Country: United States
- Zip/Postal Code: 95008
- Listed: June 4, 2019 8:58 pm
- Expires: 10 days, 3 hours
- Contact Seller
Engine has serious knock possible head gasket issue (exhaust gases in cooling system), possible lower bearings issue … not running as it needs a new fuel pump. However, Clean smog in 2017! Damage to left front fender, repaired soft top, etc… see photos.
In 1999 Ford built approx 126,000 Mustangs all of those had the fender 35th Anniversary badge but only 4600 were the Genuine 35th Anniversary Limited Editions!
There were ~2300 Coupes and ~2300 Convertibles and ~1200 were Silver and approx ~600 were convertibles!
These are very special cars with many unique details and this is one of those cars!
Good condition California car, correct 35th Ann tu-tone silver & dark charcoal grey leather seats, power drivers seat, cold a/c, convertible top with clear back window and ‘2 top boots’, all speed traction control, full power, tilt/cruise, 5 Speed manual transmission with 35th Anniversary Aluminum shift knob, 4-wheel disc brakes, fog lamps, correct black hood accent & honeycombe tail light inserts. Top retracts and goes down with a push of a button, operational! Windows work, locks work, etc.. (engine / fuel pump issues), Two original keys and remotes, wheel lock, Owners Guide and other items from 1999. 2 owner car.
NOTE $2695 OPTION FOR 35th Anniversary Edition Pkg & was over 30k new GT Conv, AM/FM/CASS/CD Factory Mach 460 audio with factory amps and speakers, nice tourque thrush wheels, stock factory dual exhaust, After market K&N air cleaner intake.
Factory plastic intakes are problems with this era 4.6L in Mustangs F150s, Crown Victorias, Mercury Grand Marquis & Lincoln Town Cars but…. Replaced: coils, sparkplugs, and upgraded Intake Manifold (receipts).
Ford original 35th ann. wheels and tires
Ford Battery in good condition (receipt), purchased 2014 still charges and starts car.
Throttle cable replaced Ford 2011
Brake rotors dipled and slotted from Brake Performance
Micro-V belt replaced 12/26/2015
Borbet wheels and tires
Front sway bars replaced in 2011
Tokico struts in rear suspension 2001
More information on 35th Anniversary model
The 1999 Mustang 35th special edition mustang was a lot more than just a badge and a honeycomb panel across the trunk.
First off, it was option code 54Y which was a $2695. option on the GT, so you had to first order a Mustang GT then pay $2695 more to get the 35th anniversary package.
Now, for your $2695., you got a lot of very special content on your GT – a raised hood scoop – flat black on the hood from the mouth of the scoop to the edge of the hood.
– Extended side scoops
– a special wing spoiler that is unique to this model, not like any other 1999 to 2004 rear wing.
– A black honeycomb trim panel between the taillights
– Special rocker side moldings
– Special 17″ 5-spoke polished wheels with black inserts
– Special silver leather inserts in the front and rear seats
– Special silver leather door inserts
– Special silver instrument cluster trim with “35th anniversary”
– 5-speed cars got a special billit shift knob
– Special “35th anniversary” floor mats
– ….and two other special build items that were never in Ford literature. You could have your pick of coupe or convertible, and 5-speed or automatic, and any one of four colors; Crystal white, Silver, Black, or a special Performance Red which was not offered on any other model, just the 35th anniversary cars.
The GT model continued to use the 4.6 L V8 as before, but now with 260 hp (194 kW; 264 PS)5250 rpm and 302 lb·ft (409 N·m) of torque @ 4000 rpm. They featured new “Performance Improvement” (PI) heads, cams, and intake manifold; thus becoming a modification for previous NPI “Non Performance Improvement” 4.6 L cars. Mustangs now featured a returnless type fuel system utilizing a PCM-guided fuel rail pressure sensor to regulate pressure. The Mustang GT was now capable of low 14 second 1/4 mile ETs with 96+ mph trap speeds compared to the 1998 GT’s upper-14 second ETs and 91-93 mph trap speeds.
For 1999, the Mustang also received a change to its taillights, making them edgier, with sharp corners and straight lines as opposed to the rounded off style of previous years. The lamps were still composed of three vertical segments, reminiscent of the original.
There were 4628 of these very special cars produced; 2318 coupes, 2310 convertibles. 1555 were performance red, 1299 were black, 1259 were silver, and only 515 were crystal white in color.
This is a perfect car for a Stage 2 Roush treament and engine mods.. you can drop in a V8 from 2003
Clean it up a bit and fix the engine and you have ….
132 total views, 2 today
Similar Ford Mustangs
Some other 4th Gen 1994 - 2004 Mustangs that you might be interested in...
2003 Centennial Model Mustang. Convertible. Black body. Black top. 1000 watt factory stero. Seasonal vehicle adult driven. Limited edition. Only 1600 madeApril 9, 2019
291 total views, 1 today
Now for sale in our Houston Showroom is this well-kept 2004 Ford Mustang GT. This '04 Mustang it has had 2 owners the current owner purchased it in 2005 with on...March 19, 2019
142 total views, 1 today
Stock: #1403-ORD Price: $20,000 Year Make Model: 2002 Ford Mustang Sub-Model/Trim: GT Engine: 4.6L V8 Transmission: 5-Speed Manual Mileage: 56,098 ( actu...March 22, 2019
173 total views, 3 today
Share This Mustang
- 2005 Saleen S-281 sc (17229 views)
- 1969 Mustang Boss 302 (6512 views)
- 2003 Ford Mustang GT Roush #108-MWK (5597 views)
- 07′ Roush 427R (5187 views)
- 1969 mustang mach 1 (4699 views)
- ground up restoration (4470 views)
- 1967 Mustang Fastback S Code 390 GT 4 Speed (3593 views)
- 2013 Ford Mustang GT Premium Edition (3275 views)
- 2004 SALEEN Mustang S281-SC 5 Spd Vert / Speedster Top (2947 views)
- 25th Anniversary Edition Mustang Convertible (2862 views)